Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Permanent Records, Missing Socks and Area 51

I know the title of this blog makes me sound crazy, but you have to understand that this is just the way my mind works. What I do with these thoughts is what counts, not the fact that I have them. So, we are about to embark into a look at the fringes of my mind.

Since I was in elementary school I have been told that many items would be placed in my permanent record. Out of fear I succumbed to those in authority and performed well. But now that I am older and a bit braver, I am willing to challenge this whole permanent record “thing”. Maybe this was just a tool to get me to do something that I did not want to do but knew I should do but wouldn’t do unless I had to. (Was that a sentence?) But now that I am older I do these things because I know they are right and people have stopped telling me about this elusive permanent record . Maybe it was just a tool to show me that I did not have it in me to just do the right things.

As for Area 51 there have been a lot of movies, books and articles written about it. I have never been there, at least when I was conscious. I cannot say that it exists or does not exist. It may be where they keep the permanent records if they really do exist, but then how do they get there? Did my third grade teacher drive to New Mexico to put things into my permanent record? I doubt it.

So that leaves me only one logical conclusion. There are no permanent records and Area 51 is where all the missing socks are kept.

4 Comments:

Blogger Udarnik said...

In fact, I have been to Area 51! Now I know where those socks went!

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pat... I really like the phrase, "I have never been there, at least when I was conscious." Besides sounding like something W.C. Fields might say, it just sounds like life before we meet Jesus.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pat, Can you send me a link to Becky's blog please? Gracias.

7:41 AM  
Blogger pat brennan said...

Bo, Mike and Melanie-

Thanks for visiting. What do you think about a National Missing Sock Registry? Can I count on you for help in getting this going? Maybe we can get a search warrent for Area 51. This is my theory ---- the aliens are MONO-PODS.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home