Thursday, September 29, 2005

When you see older people acting like this, it can only mean one thing.......

You raise your kids and watch them get married. You take them bike riding, roller blading, swimming, fishing, and shooting. You feel tired and old.

Then without warning you get a call and your son tells you that he wants to tell you something. He then proceeds to tell you that he is going to be a father. Which means that I am going to be a grandfather!

Yippeee! Yippeee! I'm going to be a Grandpa.

Sorry for the outburst.

Now I get to do it all over again, but this time as a Grandpa!

6 Comments:

Blogger Udarnik said...

Congratulations el vato viejo! Great news. Give my best to the prospective parents.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me tell you, Pat, it's like getting to have an affair in your old age, only it's OK with God.
You're picture cracks me up. You really look like John in it.
I'm already praying for J and J and the little j.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Congrats Pat!
Hey, welcome to the blogsphere. Be careful--it's easy to get sucked in.
I spend far too much time blogging...reading them and keeping up with my own. I quote Michele "If only I could blog in my sleep"

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having "bloggers-regret" over saying you "Get to have an affair". Don't think I'd like to see Tim write that. Let's rephrase that, you "get to fall in love all over again". Yep, that's being a grandfolk. Guess Bo's weddings really work. His vowees always get blessed right away.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bo's weddings must work.His vowees get blessed right away."
Except in the case of Mar Mar and Papa. Bo married them FIVE YEARS AGO, and still nothin'.

7:55 AM  
Blogger pat brennan said...

Hey,

Bo, Michelle, Sadie and Melanie...

Thanks for the kind words.

"Grandparenthood" rocks!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home